Friday, March 7, 2008

Cabbage Poriyal

When I took pictures of my cabbage poriyal my " always" supporting hubby made a comment- " Wow. Very soon you are going to post how to boil water and how to make boiled eggs". I did not know what to say. Luckily I came across Injimanga's "cabbage thoran". I was so happy to see my exact thoughts being posted there. Thanks InjiManga.

Ingredients:
Cabbage- 2 cups(shredded)
onion- 1/4 (chopped)
red chillies-2
curry leaves- few
coconut- 1/4 (shredded)

Procedure:
Heat oil and fry mustard seeds,urad dal and channa dal. Then fry onions,turmeric, red chillies and curry leaves . Now add cabbage and stir fry for sometime. Then add very little water and required salt.Cook till the vegetable is done but still crisp. Finally add shredded coconut and cook till dry.

No comments: