Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fresh Peach and Caramel Puff Pastry Pies

When Mansi announced the 'Peaches' event I did not have any recipe in my hand. The only way I've eaten a peach before is just as a fruit itself. When I googled I found many recipes. But I wanted something really simple as I was experimenting with this fruit. My searched continued and continued until the deadline and finally I found something in the last minute. The original recipe can be found here . I tweaked it a bit to suit my palatte. I did not follow the measurements given in the original recipe as I wanted to make just two pies to see how it turns out. So, without further adu let's go to the recipe.

Ingredients:
Puff pastry sheet - 1
peach- 1 (finely chopped)
slivered almonds- 1 tsp
caramel sauce- 2 tsp
Mixture of egg white and whole milk- 3 tsp each
granulated sugar- for dusting

Procedure:
Thaw the pastry sheet as per the package directions. Unfold it on a lightly floured surface and level it using a rolling pin. Using a cookie cutter or a cup make 4 circles on the pastry sheet. Cut them out. Save the remaining sheet for later use.

Line a plate with parchment paper and keep a circle of dough on it. Top with with some peaches and nuts. Then add 1 tsp caramel sauce. Cover it with another circle of dough. Seal the edges with some water and crimp it with a fork. Refrigerate it for 20 to 30 mins. Don't worry if the caramel has oozed out a little in this stage. Remove from the plate and apply egg wash on top. Then make an "x" mark on the top. Sprinkle with some granulated sugar.Now heat oven to 400 deg and bake the pies for 15 to 20 mins. Warm pies are ready to be served with ice-cream. I did not have any ice-cream, so we enjoyed this warm dessert as it is with some powdered sugar and a drizzle of caramel on top.

Note: People who know me, must also know how scared I am to bake. But this one was pretty easy and yummy that even my hubby enjoyed it. You should try it too and you'll see what I mean. Still not convinced. How about another look?

I've been tagged by Asha, Laavanya and Raks for the Fantastic Four Meme. So, here it is guys.

4 places I've lived:
Coimbatore (granny's home)
salem (parents home)
pondicherry(hubby's home)
U.S.A(my home)

4 Jobs:
Irresponsible daughter to my parents
freak out with my little sister
careless wife
Impatient mom

4 places I've holidayed:
Singapore- our honeymoon trip
Delhi- my college tour
Niagara trip with my friends Anu and vijay
yercaud trip with my family

4 favorite foods:
Anything high in fat and sweet always attracts me. I'm a terrible chocoholic. Like the cookie monster in the sesame street I'd gobble up all the chocolates how ever much I try to resist.
Chocolates (milk chocolate and white chocolate)
Eggs fully cooked but in any form
Basandhi, chaat items especially cutlet

4 places I'd rather be:
Alone in my home
Any place with my sister
My grandma's home
A wonderland full of ice creams and chocolates

Thanks for tagging me guys. Really enjoyed doing it. Now it's my turn to tag. Yay....So, here I go. You're it.

Priar's
Indosungod
Richa
Cynthia
Bye bye and have a nice day!!!

No comments: