Friday, March 7, 2008

Red cabbage Beetroot curry

I had this curry in a restaurant and was so suprised by the combination of vegetables. I have never cooked red cabbage and this curry gave me a chance to try that. This is such a healthy dish which can be had with plain rice or rotis. As for me, I liked it more with curd rice.

I do not know if this is the right name for this curry as it had another ingredient ...red chori. I thought if I include that also, then the name would become too big. Anyway, If anyone else out there does this curry and knows the name ,please let me know too. I'll be really thankful for that.

Ingredients:
Beetroot- 1 (medium, cut into strips)
red cabbage- 1 cup(shredded)
Red chori- 3 tbsp (cooked)
onion- 1/2(small,chopped)
green chillies- 2(chopped)
coconut-2 tbsp(shredded)
curry leaves

Procedure:
Heat oil in kadai and fry mustard seeds,urad dal and channa dal. Then add onions and cook till transparent. Now add beetroot, green chillies and some salt. Add very little water. Cover and cook until beet is almost done. Then add red cabbage and stir fry until done. Finally add cooked red chori,coconut, required salt and curry leaves. Blend everything together.

No comments: