Friday, March 7, 2008

French Toast

Saturday morning. Here is my hubby in the kitchen again to cook something for me. Bread and eggs are perfect. But to satisfy my sweet tooth I wanted french toast. I really don't know why this dish got this name. If anyone does, please enlighten me.I had the toast with blueberry fruit preserves. It wasn't very sweet. Just perfect to go with the toast. I've read in some cookbook(don't remember the name) that you can add carmalized bananas top on of the toast, drizzle with some syrup and dust with powdered sugar. But I have not done it in that way, because my husband wouldn't load me up with extra calories. So, here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
Bread slices- 4
eggs- 3
milk- 3 tbsp
sugar as required
cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp
butter- 1 tsp

Procedure:
Beat eggs with milk,sugar and cardamom powder. Heat tawa and season with butter. Dip bread on both sides into the egg mixture and put on tawa. cook on medium flame and turn when it is golden brown. Serve hot.

No comments: