Sunday, March 2, 2008

Parrota & Chicken Chalna

Today I was not in mood to do an elaborate cooking. Still, I had to do something special as my hubby came home early because of the tornado warning given at his office. Okay....something his favourite...easy to make...Yes!!! I got it.Parrota & chalna. But where to find a good recipe. I searched the internet for sometime and my eyes finally fell on Rashmi's Websamayal blog. I was ready to give it a try and finally here is what I created. Thanks! to Rashmi. We had a vey nice dinner.

Ingredients:
Marinade:
chicken-1lb
salt-required
chilli powder- 3/4 tsp
turmeric powder
lemon juice
DryRoast & Grind:
sombu- 1tsp
jeera- 1 tsp
peppercorns- 3/4 tsp
red chillies- 4
pattai- 1/2"


Masala:
roughly chop everything and roast in 2 tsp oil. Onion- 1 garlic- 5 pods ginger- 1/2" tomato- 1 coconut- 1/4 to 1/2 cup

Procedure:
Heat oil in a kadai and fry coconut until color changes. set aside. roast the rest of the ingredients under masala until soft. grind this along with the coconut until smooth.Heat oil in cooker and fry chicken for 2- 3 mins. Then add all the masalas. Add required salt. Mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Finally add corriander leaves. Chicken chalna is ready.

No comments: