Sunday, March 9, 2008

Tindora curry with Rotis

This is a simple curry which I think many people do. Still, I'm posting this for friends who are new to this vegetable. As for me, I have never had this vegetable when I was in India as my mom never cooked it. After having this curry in my friend's place this has become a regular in my menu. Here is a plate for you also.

Ingredients:
Tindora- 2 cups(sliced)
onion- 1/2
tomato- 1
sambar powder- 1 tsp
cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
coconut milk- 1/4 cup
curry leaves

Procedure:
Heat oil in kadai and fry mustard seeds, urad dal and channa dal. Then fry onions,curry leaves and some turmeric. Now add sliced tindora and fry till half cooked. Then add tomatoes, salt and curry powders. Blend well. Add 1/2 cup water and coconut milk. Close and cook till done. Serve with rice or rotis.

No comments: