Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bisebelabath

This is not a dish I make regularly. My first try was 3 years back. After having terrible experiences I gave up the idea of doing it again. Recently I saw bisebelabath in many blogs and was tempted to try it again. Luckily, it turned out good. Thanks to all my fellow bloggers who inspired me to give it another try.This is my friend's recipe which was sleeping in my cookbook for awhile . Here it is guys if you wish to try.

Ingredients:
Rice-1 1/2cup
Toordal - 3/4 cup
Vegetables - 1 cup ( carrot, beans, peas,brinjal,drumstick)
Small red onions- 1 cup
Tomato - 1 medium size
Tamarind paste- 2 tsp
Sambar powder- 1tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - To taste
Water - 4 cups

Dry roast & Grind:
coconut/copra - 2tbsp
Corriander seeds - 1tbsp
red chilli - 4
channa dal - 1tsp
jeera - 1tsp
pepper - 1tsp
Methi seeds - 1/4 tsp
khuskhus - 1/4tsp
elachi - 2
cloves - 2
cinnamon - 1" piece

Procedure:
Pressure cook dal with some turmeric,hing and a spoon of oil. Heat some oil in cooker and fry the onions until transparent. Then add brinjal and drumstick and fry for 5 mins. Now add tomatoes and the rest of the vegetables. Cook till the tomatoes are soft. Then add tamarind paste, sambar powder and the ground powder. Add required water and boil for sometime. Then add dal and washed rice. Mix well. Check for salt. Pressure cook for 4 whistles. When done, top with some ghee and mix well. Garnish with corriander leaves.

No comments: