Sunday, March 9, 2008

Mushroom Pulav

Yesterday was the first day my son started daycare. It was heart wrenching for me to leave him there. But Kavin fit in with the kids perfectly. He made no fuss and let go of me. Actually it was me who was in tears not wanting to leave him. I came home and did not do any work. All these days I would say , I can't wait to put you in school so that I can find some time for myself. But now I'm feeling so lonely. I have so much time in my hand but I'm not tin mood to do anything at all.

Anyway, not wanting to spend much time in kitchen I finally decided to make Mushroom Pulav. This is another easy one pot dish that makes a tired day rewarding with a nice meal. This is just like anyother pulav or biryani. But the combo is what that makes this dish great. Yes, it is mushrooms,peas and potatoes. You can add capsicum also if you like. Enjoy!!!

Ingredients:
Basmathi rice- 2 cups
elachi- 2
cloves- 2
bay leaf- 1
rose mokku-1
fennel seeds- 1tsp
onion- 1/2 (sliced)
ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
tomato- 1 (chopped)
mint leaves- 1/2 cup (chopped)
red chilli powder- 3/4 tsp (increase if you want more)
turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
garam masala- 1/2 tsp
potato- 1 (large,cubed)
peas- 1 cup
mushrooms- 1 small box (chopped)
lemon juice- 2 tsp
water- 4 cups

Procedure:
Heat oil in cooker and fry all the spices. Then add onions and saute until soft. Now add ginger garlic paste and some turmeric. After sometime put potatoes and fry for 5 mins. Now add tomatoes,mint leaves and all the curry powders. When oil starts to seperate add required salt and water. Add washed rice with mushrooms and peas . Stir well until blended. Check for seasonings and finally add lemon juice. Close cooker and wait until vapor comes through the nozzle. Now put the wait and reduce the flame to medium. Cook for 8 to 10 mins and switch off gas. Wait until the pressure subsides and serve hot with onion raitha and chips. Here's another view.

No comments: