Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's day to all my fellow bloggers. Hope you all have a great day!

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new". -Anonymous

This is so true from my experience.Before Kavin was born I had nothing to care for. I have always been careless, lazy and irresponsible.But Kavin gave me the opportunity to make my life meaningful & complete. After becoming a mom, I have become more appreciative of all the things my mom has done for me. When I was near her,I have disregarded her many times. But now I feel for all of that. Anyway, on this Mother's day I would like to thank her for everything.

Thanks Mom for everything. I know these words aren't enough for all that you have done. What else can I say... I love you,love you,love you.....


Okay, So what's on menu today? It's Paneer Babycorn Curry. It is pretty much like a korma. Actually I tried to make korma only, but when I added kasoori methi leaves the taste was more like a cream based curry. This is the first time I'm making this dish. But I absolutely loved it and so did my hubby. The photos are doing no justice to the aroma and taste of this curry. But once you try it I'm sure you'll understand what I'm talking about. So, here is the recipe...

Ingredients:
Paneer- 1/2 of 250gm
packbaby corn- 1 can
peas- 3/4 cup
onion- 1/2 (chopped fine)
ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
tomato- 1 (finely chopped)
green chillies- 3
corriander powder- 3/4 tsp
cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
garam masala- 1/4 tsp
kasoori methi- 1 tsp(crushed)

grind:
coconut- 1/2 cup(shredded)
poppy seeds- 1 1/2 tsp(soak in hot water for 20mins)
cashews- 4
Blanched almonds- 4
fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp

Procedure:
Shallow fry paneer cubes in 2 tsp oil and put it in salted hot water. cut babycorn in halves. Heat oil in kadai and fry onions till golden brown. Then add chillies,ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder. After sometime add tomato and all the curry powders. Fry till raw smell goes and then add the ground mixture. Put required salt and mix well. Now pour 1 1/2 cups water and boil until good aroma comes. Now add corn and peas. After 5 mins add paneer and kasoori methi. Cook till desired consistency. If the gravy gets too thick add more water. Enjoy with jeera rice ,rotis or parottas.

No comments: